Wacken Europe mix-use business districtRead more
- Client: Communauté Urbaine de Strasbourg et Ville de Strasbourg
- Programme: Conception of exterior space design, office buildings, housings, businesses and hotels
- Dates 2013- 2020
- Area 100 000
- Erik Giudice Architecture team Federico Mannella, Natacha Berté
- Project team Engineering consultant: Ingerop Conseil & Ingénierie/ landscape: AGENCE BASE/ lighting engineer: AGENCE ON
- Images: Studio Cyrille Thomas /EGA Erik Giudice Architecture
- "Grand Prix d'aménagement 2016"
- EFFINERGIE +
The aim of Wacken Europe mix-use business district is to reinforce Strasbourg’s economic competitivity and to further integrate the city and its institutions.
The urban layout assures permeability and fluidity within the new district and creates strong links with the neighboring areas and equipments.
The project is structured by a linear park on the south side facing the Ungemach garden city created in the early 1920’s and connecting the Zeller square where the Alsace Region headquarters, the new Exhibition and Conference Center and the new Maillon Theater is located in the west with the European Parliament Square in the east.